Saturday, January 06, 2007

I Hate to Say I Told You So

I posted earlier on how the Hank Paulson story was bogus, because the International Court of Justice handles civil disputes between nations, not criminal charges against individuals. A member of an e-mail group I belong to, who believes in the story, didn't believe me, and e-mailed the ICJ to ask about the matter. Their form response:

Dear Sir, Madam, In reply to your e-mail, I have to inform you that the activity of the International Court of Justice, as strictly defined by its Statute (Article 34) and Rules, is limited to rendering judgments in legal disputes between States submitted to it by the States themselves and giving advisory opinions when it is so requested by UN organs or specialized agencies of the UN system.

Kind regards

Maxime Schouppe

Information Officer - Attaché d'Information

www.icj-cij.org