Monday, July 25, 2005

Joe Wilson Lies (again)

In an LA Times article on covert agents Joe Wilson says that he and his wife had been dating for a while before he found out what she did for a living, thus enhancing her "spook" status.

Plame's husband, former U.S. Ambassador Joseph Wilson, said the two met at a diplomatic party in 1997.

"But I didn't know what she did until we were well along in our courtship," he said, adding that her public outing continues to ripple through her private life.

"People she has known for upwards of 20 years have all sort of had to go through this period of adjusting to who is the real Valerie Wilson."

But two years ago Wilson told Maureen Dowd that she told him early on, about the time of their first kiss, because he had a security clearance.

"I saw this striking blonde," he recalled, still sounding smitten six years later. At first she said she was an energy analyst, but confided sometime around the first kiss that she was in the CIA. "I had a security clearance," grinned Wilson, then a political adviser to the commander of U.S. forces in Europe.

Now I know men are pigs, and always forget those little relationship details like anniversaries and such, but wouldn't you remember when you first found out your wife was a covert CIA agent? Hell, I still remember when I first found out my wife was a Democrat.