Thursday, June 16, 2005

Well how else do you expect us to interpret it Sean?

I saw this on LGF. Somehow I doubt if people were running through Washington D.C. chanting "Death to Iran" he would fault Iran for taking it literally. Heck, we are considered racists if we merely make the observation that terrorists tend to be Muslims.

The actor, who visited Iraq' name before and after the U.S.-led invasion in 2003 and wrote an account of his second trip for the Chronicle, has largely declined to talk to the media since arriving in Iran.

But he told a film student during a visit to Iran's Film Museum in Tehran on Monday that the "Death to America" slogan chanted each week at Friday Prayers hurt Iran-U.S. relations.

"I understand the nature of where it comes from and what its intention is," he said. "But I don't think it's productive because I think the message goes to the American people and it is interpreted very literally."