Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Ken Schram disproves the theory of evolution

I have heard Ken Schram say some stupid things over the years, but this takes the cake. Hat tip LGF.

SEATTLE - Okay. Now I get it.

And because I do, I now have a better understanding for the likes of President Bush, Pat Robertson - even John Carlson.

They can't help themselves.

According to a new study published in the American Political Science Review, being politically conservative is, in part, a matter or genetics.

I've long wondered how an otherwise seemingly rational person could adhere so strictly to stilted ideologies; how they could be so consistently willing to smother a sense of social well-being.

It's merely a matter of having been dumped in the shallow end of the gene pool.

They're sorta like the puppy who piddles in the middle of the floor: They just don't know any better.


It continues, but I do not wish to waste anymore space on my blog on this drivel. I sent him the following letter in response (his e-mail address is available at the link)

Greetings from the shallow end of the gene pool

Dear Ken,

I am a software engineer from Bellevue. I am also a college graduate, future MBA student, and a National Guard officer who has served 2 overseas tours recently. Yes, I am a also a conservative. This is not the result of some genetic accident. I am proud to be a conservative. I am proud to take responsibility for myself, and not pawn my problems off on the government. I am proud to believe in traditional values, and even go to church without feeling ashamed for being old fashioned and superstitious. And I am proud to give up years of my life, and potentially put my life at risk, so that others may be free. I understand as a liberal you may not understand that, we all mock that which we cannot understand. But I do not hate you, I understand that your arrogance and simplemindedness are not your fault. You were just born that way.

James

PS I am posting a copy of this letter at my blog http://thechiefbrief.blogspot.com/ If you would like to post an apology. Come visit, you might learn something.