Sunday, October 21, 2007

Valerie Plame on 60 Minutes

I don't have it recorded so I can't Fisk it, but that had to be the lamest TV interview I have ever seen. It is no surprise that Katie Couric messed up the timeline of the forged Niger documents. If the average CIA operative is as freaking stupid as Valerie Plame though, we are in serious trouble. I nearly fell off my couch when I heard her response to the question asking if she was concerned about her husband writing an editorial in the New York Times about his trip to Niger, when she stated "Why should I, it had nothing to do with me?"

Nothing to do with you? You were the only reason he went on the trip in the first place! Then she acted all offended that people accused her of nepotism. Hello, he is your husband. That kind of puts the nep in nepotism. It is not like the CIA normally goes around hiring unemployed former ambassadors for overseas investigations. At least I hope they are not normally this stupid. God help us all.